We have an opening for “Senior Materials & Planning Engineer” in one of the world’s most reputed Oil & Gas Operating Companies located in “Abudhabi”.
For the above mentioned position brief Job Description is as given below:
The Company was established in 1971 to operate in all areas of the oil and gas industry and since then has steadily broadened its activity in establishing companies and subsidiaries and creating an integrated oil and gas industry in the fields of exploration and production, support services, oil refining and gas processing, chemicals and petrochemicals, maritime transportation and refined products and distribution.
During the past four decades, it has expanded its business activities, enhanced its competitive position and so managed to become one of the world’s leading oil companies with substantial business interests in upstream and downstream activities, including transportation, shipping, marketing and distribution.
It has 15 subsidiary companies working in the various fields of the oil, gas, and petrochemical industry as well as crude oil and gas transport and services.
- B. Sc degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 8 years experience in project/material planning and cost within the hydrocarbon industry.
Main Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Understands and promotes the company’s health, safety & environmental policy and objectives; performs work in accordance with the company’s established rules, regulations and approved procedures; intervenes to stop unsafe acts and practices; and is accountable for the well being and safety of own self and others, including all contracted labor force – unskilled, semiskilled, and skilled.
- Plans, directs and actively participates in the ongoing training and development of own self and subordinates with special emphasis on UAE Nationals.
- Prepare, review and participate in development of Tie-in Business plan in accordance with divisional objectives and drilling business plans. This includes budget preparation, resources requirements and implementation strategies.
- Coordinate with various engineering discipline: process, piping and operations to develop Tie-in project requirements, construction and operation constraints such as shutdown requirement. Plan, prepare and distribute Tie-in project requirements to affected parties.
- Executes strategies for material procurement for all Tie-in projects. Includes discussing materials ordering and control requirements with concerned project engineers and establishes various “in house” systems, procedures to adequately monitor and control the tendering and procurement of materials, to meet project installation schedules.
- Coordinates all tie-ins project material procurement activities of newly drilled wells. Receives from Reserve Development “tie-ins” requirements, reviews and establishes “tie-ins” schedule for all fields on the basis of established drilling sequence, availability of materials and other resources to construct the “tie-ins”.
- Receives draft material requisitions (PO’s) from Project Engineers and coordinates processing of requisitions between various departments / divisions, such as, Engineering Projects, Finance and Supply Chain
- Follow up with Supply Chain on the tendering process until all bids are received, evaluated and award decisions made for new contracts (Prices Agreement, Tie-Ins).
- Participates in tender pre-bid meetings, provide technical clarifications, undertake technical evaluation and recommend for award. Coordinate and organize meetings, technical presentation for contractor and in-house department staffs. Prepares or supervises the preparation of final Purchase Orders, obtains appropriate authorization and forwards to Supply for procurement action.
- Prepares technical specification, scope of work and tender requirement. Coordinate with procurement department (SCMD) for the formation of tender. Follow-up and provide technical clarification and justification including support documentation. Participate in tender approval process including attending Tender board meetings, providing technical requirement for the Tie-in tendering and contracting process.
- Follows-up and expedites material orders through Supply Chain Division to ensure that delivery schedules are maintained. Updates “tie-ins” schedules in light of delivery schedules. Keeps project/discipline engineers advised of delivery schedules through regular progress reports, staff meetings etc.
- Receives, checks and signs off for all deliveries of project materials at stores. Liaises with warehouse to ensure materials certifications are correct. Ensures appropriate inspections of goods and reconciliation of items against orders, accepts materials and arranges to advise Finance Division to release payments to suppliers. Advises Supply Division of damaged/short received goods and request follow up with vendors and / or insurers. Issues Technical Packages of the required tie-in wells and issue the COMPANY free issue materials on time to allowed the contractor do the fabrications.
- Prepares and issues material take off for “tie in” works, liaises and supports Pipeline Maintenance Department on construction of “tie-ins” until completion and hand over to Operations. Allocates and issues materials (DTR) to authorized contractors in accordance with project installation schedules. Arranges necessary site permits, resources and documentation to efficiently turn-over project materials to respective contractors. Obtains necessary sign-offs to verify that goods were issued and received.
- Controls, supervises and maintains actual inventory of project stores and outside lay down areas for piping and other large items. Assigns stores locations for materials with assistance of Supply Chain Division.
- Audit inventory records and ensures that proper and safe storage procedures and practices are followed for received materials ( Free issue materials) by contractor.
- Maintains actual acceptable inventory level stock in the stores and outside lay down areas for piping and other large items. Assigns store locations for materials, supervises the maintenance of inventory records and ensures that proper and safe storage procedures and practices are followed.
- Monitors the progress reported by contractors at all stages to record actual performance against plan. Evaluates the performance of contractors, records the manpower utilization data, reviews justification for variations in the level of manpower utilized.
- Liaises with Planning/Cost Engineers to reconcile costs/deliveries of project materials and to ensure the materials portions of project budgets are properly maintained and updated.
- Reconciles the installation/surplus of project materials with contractors based on a detailed review of the as-built drawings. Arranges and receives back any excess or other unused materials from contractors and updates related records as required.
- Performs any other related duties as and when required at the company’s discretion.
If interested, kindly upload/Send your updated CV ASAP with following details
- Highest Qualification:
- Current Company:
- Current Location
- Total Exp:
- Relevant Experience (in Oil and Gas):
- Current CTC:
- Expected CTC
- Notice period: